Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Woody

We received our 'pile' of wood yesterday for the camp fires we plan to have in the summer. Wow! The pile is taller than I am (5' 5") and almost as wide as the house when stacked two deep.

I never realized how much wood is included in a cord. Now, I'll have to reconfigure my storage area to stack it all up nice and neat. The guy who delivered the load said he split it all by hand. This has GOT to be one helluva job, swinging an axe (or maul in the wood-splitting language) to make big pieces of wood smaller. He said he's is saving up for a log splitter to make the job easier. I wish him luck, considering the pile that he delivered.

Honors

I was inducted into the local Phi Theta Kappa chapter last evening. It was a nice ceremony, and there were about 80 people who became members of the two-year college honor society. One thing that impresse me was they did not dwell on it -- the ceremonty was quick and painless. I've never put much stock into ceremony. Even in the military, I did not enjoy getting up in front of a group of people to receive an award. It just wasn't me.

Now, we'll see if it's worth the trouble to participate in some of the activities they have planned. After all, I pretty much went through the ceremony for a resume bullet.

No comments: